I work really hard to represent the interests of my constituents as both a town and county
councillor. For the past sixteen years I have provided the town council with a written monthly report of my meetings, correspondence and specific ward issues.
I am always accessible……even on holiday! Click here to contact me.
- Over the past coupler of weeks it has been good to see the High Street brightened up with flags and bunting. The Neyland Town Council spend £1,000 to purchase and get it put up. It will stay there for a good while.
- The planting at the Cenotaph and the wild flower mix at Frederick Street has been really effective.
- I have been pressing for the car park at College Park by the garages to be resurfaced.
- Area maintenance are currently spraying the streets to combat the dreaded weed menace
- Neyland Town Council have agreed to pay for a dog and litter bin for Wood Lane. It will cost £350 and they will pay the county £1 a week to empty and dispose. This will be really appreciated by dog walkers I know!!
- I am trying to find out what the Dyfed Powys Police intend to do with the old police station in Charles Street. Perhaps there may be an opportunity for some beneficial community use.
- I am in discussions with the Dyfed Army Cadet Force to see if they will allow a mural to be painted on the gable end of their unit in St Clement’s Road. This could be on the theme of commemorating the centenary of the First World War while the bank around the corner might also have a suitable theme. I will keep you posted!
- Been on to the county council about the fact that some irresponsible persons have removed the lifebelts along Brunel Quay. Been down to inspect and at least one has been put back.
- Been dealing with five housing accommodation cases and three council repairs issues.
- College Park is on the Planned programme Repair Schedule for 2014-15 which sees properties receive an external makeover, painting and repairs.